Click arrows to scroll through the buildings.
Location: 16th Street and Capitol Avenue
Initial cost: $2 million
The ornate architecture of the building was called Richardsonesque, after Nineteenth Century architect Henry Hobson Richardson. It is a derivative of romanesque.
Location: 18th and Farnam Streets.
Initial cost: $550,000
Also known as the "Old Red Castle," the building included a clock tower, steepled roof and gargoyles.
Location: 14th and Farnam Streets
When it was first built, the structure was the tallest between Chicago and the West Coast.
Location: 1650 Farnam St.
Originally known as the New York Life Building, the structure was Omaha's first skyscraper. In 1909, the New York Life Insurance Co. sold the building to Omaha National Bank, giving the building a new name.
The Omaha building was scheduled to be demolished in the early 1970s to make way for a 28-story office building. But the financing for the new building fell through, and in 1977 the law firm of Kutak Rock decided to renovate the building for $4.5 million.
The building, which was designated an historical landmark in 1978, was designed by renowned Omaha architect Thomas Kimball. The building is now a private law office.
Location: 2900 O Plaza
The centerpiece of Omaha's livestock industry, which for a time became the largest stockyard and meat processing center in the country. When the stockyards closed in 1999, the building was designated an historic landmark. The building has been renovated into more than 100 apartments, commercial space and two ballrooms.